The Archer VR2800 Wireless VDSL / ADSL Modem Router creates Wi-Fi AC2800, offering Wi-Fi speeds of up to 2,800 Mbps over two 5 GHz (2167 Mbit / s) and 2.4 GHz ( 600 Mbps) for streaming and smoother online gaming experiences. Wave 2 MU-MIMO technology serves up to four devices simultaneously, increasing Wi-Fi throughput for each device. A powerful 1 GHz dual-core processor with two co-processors allows your router to run at full speed. Four antennas provide extended Wi-Fi coverage and a stable connection.
The free Tether app allows you to adjust network settings or manage your home network from your phone (Android, iOS). Archer VR2800 works with your service provider, such as BT, EE, Plunset or TalkTalk. You can connect the TP-Link modem / router to a telephone line jack easily with a telephone line cable via the ADSL / VDSL port. It also has a WAN port, compatible with Fiber / Cable services via Ethernet cable. Four Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide reliable wired connectivity for more quests and actions. (The Archer VR2800 is compatible with VDSL2, ADSL2 +, ADSL2 and ADSL).
To improve the wireless speed or range, it is highly recommended to work on the following common solutions:
1. Choosing the best location
2. Optimizing configuration of the device
3. Upgrade the equipment
- The Fastest VDSL Modem Router - The Archer VR2800 runs at 2167 Mbps on 5GHz and 600 Mbps on 2.4GHz
- 11ac Wave 2 - The latest standard of Wi-Fi includes MU-MIMO and 160 MHz Bandwidth
- 1GHz dual-core CPU - Broadcom 1GHz dual-core CPU with two co-processors keeps VR2800 running at peak performance
- Dual-core CPU - 1GHz dual-core CPU and 2 co-processors make multi-tasking easy and boost data transfer rate
- 4 external detachable dual band antennas. Operating Temperature: 0 degree Celsius to 40 degree Celsius
- The Archer VR2800 is compatible with VDSL2, ADSL2+, ADSL2 and ADSL
How to set up Smart DNS on TP-Link Router
This tutorial will show you how to set up Smart DNS on TP-Link Router using the SmartyDNS services. If you don’t have a SmartyDNS account, you can try our services for free for 3 days.
Here are the steps you should follow:
Part I. Validate your IP Address.
If you have validated your IP address, skip this step and go to Part II of this tutorial.
1. Sign in to your account on our website.
2. Go to “Packages”.
3. Choose your package.
4. Click the “Validate IP” button (1).
5. Your IP address have to be validated every time it changes. If Smart DNS is not functioning, make sure your IP is validated by following steps 1-4.
6. If you see the “Your IP address has been validated!” message, you can go to Part II from this tutorial.
7. Windows 7 and Vista Smart DNS Setup: Step 1
8. You can validate a specific IP address (2). Use it to validate an IP address different to your current IP address. For example, enter your real IP when you are accessing this page while being connected to VPN or enter your home IP while you are at work.
9. Another option to validate your IP address is to validate it using a web address (3). By choosing this option you don’t have to sign in to your account on our website each time you want to validate the IP address. By adding this link to your browser favorites / bookmarks your IP address will be validated each time you load this URL into your browser.
10. It is important to not share the Validate IP Link with anyone! It is particular and unique for every single client. If you give or share it with other people, your Smart DNS service won’t be working.
Part II. Change your TP-Link Router DNS server addresses
This has to be done only once.
Before you switch to our DNS addresses, make sure you write down your current DNS addresses, so you can keep these numbers in case you need to get back to your original settings. If your original configuration were set to “Automatic”, just change your DNS settings back to “Automatic” in order to get back to your original settings.
1. Log in to your router. Go to “DHCP” (3) and choose “DHCP Settings” (4).
2. Check “Enable” (5) for “DHCP Server”.
3. Enter SmartyDNS DNS addresses (6). You can find them in your account on our website -> Packages -> your package.
4. Click “Save” (7).
5. TP-Link Smart DNS Setup: Step 2
6. Reboot your router.
7. Check out this tutorial if you have a different settings interface on your router:
8. Log in to your router and go to “Interface Setup” (8).
9. Select “LAN” tab (9).
10. Choose “Use User Discovered DNS Server Only” (10) from the dropdown menu, next to “DNS Relay”.
11. Enter SmartyDNS DNS addresses (11).
12. You can find the entire list of all available DNS addresses in your account on our website, by going to your package from “Packages”. If you don’t have a SmartyDNS account, you can try our services for free for 3 days.
13. Click “Save” (12).
14. TP-Link Smart DNS Setup: Step 3
15. Reboot your router.
16. Test if the Smart DNS service is configured correctly.