Fix problems with using high CPU or high memory
Norton’s Performance Monitoring feature closely monitors your computer and alerts you when it is longer than normal CPU or memory usage. Norton Error Processor occurs when component or application is using high memory. Most of the time, you can ignore these suggestions. Some applications may use high memory while trying to access the internet or in some tasks, such as displaying pages with rich content. If you receive alerts from other apps, make sure that you have the latest version of those applications. Also run Windows updates to install all updates available for your Windows.
If you receive repeated alerts from a particular element, and consider the poor performance of the computer, identify the components and take the necessary actions. When an alert appears, click the Details and Settings link to view additional details about the element. If the problem persists, we suggest that you upgrade Norton to the latest version.
1. Upgrade Norton
2. Go to Norton Update Center.
3. Click Update Me Now.
4. If the download does not start automatically, download the program manually.
5. On the File Download – Security Warning window, click Run.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions.
7. If you are already running the latest version of Norton or if the problem persists, skip to step 2.
1. Download and run Norton Power Eraser
2. Download Norton Power Eraser.
3. Click Save.
4. Select the location as Desktop, and then click Save.
5. To run Norton Power Eraser, double click the NPE.exe file.
6. If the User Account Control window prompts, click Yes or Continue.
7. Read the license agreement, and click Accept.
8. In the Norton Power Eraser window, click the Scan for Risks icon.
By default, the Norton Power Eraser scans the rootkit and requires restarting the system. When you see a prompt to restart the computer, click Restart. If you do not want to include a rootkit scan, go to Settings, and uncheck Include rootkit scan (requires system restart required).
Once the computer restarts, the scan will start automatically. Follow the on-screen instructions.