Causes of Norton Error 8504 0
Running a Norton antivirus program or an antivirus can mean downloading, installing or uninstalling an error. Norton Error 8504 0 may cause your computer’s system to behave unexpectedly, such as your Windows can shut down unexpectedly, run a program window, and crash likely to happen. The following symptoms appear in the Norton Antivirus 8504 0.
1. The active program window crashes every time Norton Error 8504 0 appears.
2. Your PC frequently crashes with the same Error 8504 0 when trying to run the same program.
3. Failed installation or upgrade process is displayed on your screen.
4. Windows responds really slow to any activity and runs sluggishly or reboots on its own.
5. The Computer System frequently “freezes” at periodic intervals.
How To Fix Norton Error 8504 0
Manually editing the Windows registry entries to fix this Error 8504 0 should be done cautiously. Using a registry editor may incorrectly damage your operating system and prevent it from booting. Though done carefully, would make this error disappear. To start the repair, create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry following these steps:
1. Click on the “Start” button.
2. Type “command” in the search box and without pressing “Enter” key, move to the next step.
3. Press “CTRL”, “Shift” and “Enter” keys all together.
4. You will be asked for the permission then click on “Yes”.
5. Type “regedit” in the opened window and press “Enter” key.
6. In the Registry Editor, select the key associated with Error 8504 0 that you want to back up.
7. Select “Export” from the “File” menu.
8. In the “Save In” list, select the location where you want to save the backup key for Norton Antivirus.
9. Enter a name for the back-up file in the “Filename” box such as Norton Antivirus Backup.
10. Make sure to select the “Selected Branches” option in the “Export Category” menu.
11. Click on “Save” and the file would be saved with a .reg file extension.
12. Now, you have successfully created the back-up file of Norton Antivirus related registry entry.
Some Alternative Steps:
1. Initiate a Complete Malware Scan for PC
2. Using Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr), Clean up System Junk (Temporary Files and Folders)
3. Update Device Drivers of Your PC
4. Uninstall and Reinstall the Norton Antivirus Antivirus Program Associated with Error 8504 0
5. Run Windows System File Checker (“sfc /scannow”)
6. Install All Windows Updates
7. Perform a Clean Installation of Windows